• Physical activity is essential to the holistic development of students which is vital to their physical, social, and emotional health. The benefits of sport reach beyond the impact of physical well-being and its educational benefits are extremely valuable.
• Participation in sport helps students to attain the optimum state of well-being by improving their physical coordination, enhancing strength, and developing life skills.
• Playing sport on a regular basis helps students to relax, overcome anxiety and tension.
• It helps in boosting students’ self-esteem and confidence. Students can handle stress and pressure by applying time and self-management skills to balance their academics, sports, and other activities.
• Sport helps in fostering team spirit, cooperation, and leadership skills. Students learn to cooperate with their peers and learn to function in harmony with others while respecting different points of view.
• It is essential that children develop the true spirit of sportsmanship to meet the challenges that come in life.
Sports in Alok
Sport in Alok aims at motivating every student to explore, engage and excel in a sport of their interest. It also develops a student’s understanding of health. A wide range of sports activities is offered in our curricular and co-curricular programs which run throughout the year. Students train under-qualified staff and renowned coaches to achieve their highest potential. Basketball, football, and cricket are the most popular team sports in the school. Individual pursuits like horse riding, swimming, roller skating, athletics, and chess allow students to challenge themselves and develop skills through carpentry and mechanics. Students enthusiastically participate in racket sports like badminton and table tennis. Judo and Karate are the combat sports offered in school. Students are provided with opportunities to participate in inter-house and inter-school competitions. The school also organizes in-house events like the athletic meet and the swimming competition.